Next Generation Firewall
What is Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW)?
Why do you need Next-Generation Firewall?
A Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW)
- Helps to prevent breaches
- Provide deep visibility to identify and stop threats swiftly
- Helps to save time and work smarter by automating your network and security operations
Next-generation firewalls filter network traffic in order to protect an organization from outside threats. It allows or denies traffic based on state, port, and protocol, and it filters traffic using administrator-defined rules. NGFWs provide stateful firewall features such as VPN support, network monitoring, packet filtering, and IP mapping, NGFWs also have deeper inspection abilities that improve their ability to detect attacks, malware, and other threats.
Besides simple IP and port-based access control, next-generation firewall (NGFW) can block sophisticated threats such as advanced malware and application-layer attacks. NGFWs not only stop malware, but also provide channels for future updates, allowing the network to develop and remain safe and secure as new threats emerge.
According to Gartner’s definition, a next-generation firewall must include:
- Standard firewall capabilities like stateful inspection
- Integrated intrusion prevention
- Application awareness and control to find out and block risky apps
- Threat intelligence sources
- Upgrade paths to incorporate future information feeds
- Techniques to address evolving security threats
With appropriate and robust NGFW solutions, enterprises can effectively manage logs while ensuring the integrity and enhanced business continuity.
Benefits of a Next Generation Firewall
The best next-generation firewalls provide five core benefits. Make sure your NGFW delivers:
- Breach prevention and advanced security
- Comprehensive network visibility
- Simple management and deployment options
- Fastest time to detection
- Automation and product integrations
Get a Free consultation
Schedule a FREE Consultation and get the right advice from our technical experts.